Protecting God's Children
Our families volunteer 10 to 20 hours every school year. We are very fortunate to have committed parents like you who jump at the opportunity to help out! Before doing any work at the school, you must attend a Protecting God's Children training and complete a background screening online. If you don't have access to a computer, make an appointment with the school office for assistance.
If you already took the training, just complete stage 2. New families must complete stages 1 and 2. Here is how to do it:
Stage 1: Protecting God's Children
- Go to Virtus Online and click on "Registration"
- Select "Begin Registration Process"
- Select your organization: Archdiocese of Chicago
- At the registration choice, click on the arrow by "I would like to attend a Protecting God's Children session"
- Fill out the registration form. All fields with asterik (*) must be filled in.
- Choose your user id and password.
- Select a location: Name of parish or school at wich you work or volunteer. Click on the arrow and school down to the site.
- Group: Choose the appropriate group.
- Choose your classification from the list.
- Complete registration and sumbit.
- Select a session
Stage 2: Online Background Screening
- Click on Background Screening and follow the instructions. Create a user id and password. The system will ask for a code. The code is: protection.